Adulthood is perhaps the most active and productive stage of human life. You require the peak amount of energy and balance multiple actions and changes in life
Key nutrients needed
- Protein: Although there is not much growth at this stage, Protein intake is important to repair and replace your workout hardworking tissues.
- Calcium: Required to support the peak bone mass and prevent onset of osteoporosis.
- Iron: The demand is more in women as they are in their reproductive stage, along with menstrual loss, blood loss during childbirth must be replaced to prevent anemia
- Antioxidants: Vitamin A, C & E are required to fight out the harmful effects of oxidative stress
- Dietary fiber: Must be consciously included to have a healthy digestive system
Tips for a healthy Lifestyle
- Eat balanced diet and include variety of foods
- Eat on time & do not skip any meals
- Include good fats from nuts, seeds avoid more of saturated and trans fats.
- Drink adequate amount of water.
- Engage in moderate physical activity.
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Get adequate quantity and quality of sleep
- Eat limited amounts of sodium/salt & sugar.
- Srilakshmi, B. (2002). Dietetics (Revised. New age international publication).
- Dietary Guidelines for Indian- A Manual; ICMR, National Institute of Nutrition.
- Healthy Diet- WHO